Dhaka City Tour
In Dhaka City Tour you will find highly populated capital city of Bangladesh with perpetual motions, colorful roads with rickshaws, street food and overcrowded public transportation. However, you will find the city is continuing its historical background along with modern lifestyle. The day tour in Dhaka will show you most of the historical places that are covered in travel guides, lifestyle in an over populated urban center and British establishments of early 19th century. If you are brave enough, you can try out mouth watering street food recommended by our tourist guide. Whether you are a foodie, life explorer, adventurer or history lover you will find something you are looking for during this journey!
Itinerary of Old Dhaka City Tour
9:00 am to 9:30 am: We set out at about 8:00 AM from your hotel and move to Parliament House located at the very essence of the capital and designed by Louis Kahn.
9:30 am to 11:30 am: afterwards we will move towards Dhaka University to Dhakeswari Temple – a state owned Hindu temple that is the spiritual heart of the Hindu community in Dhaka. We will pass National Museum on the path and we can point it out for you.
12:00 pm to 1:30 pm: Before lunch we will Lalbug Fort, the only symbolic structure of Mugals and one of the most popular tourist spot inside Dhaka. You may also explore New Market to experience how the world famous clothing brand are sold in the very cheap price in Bangladesh.
Lunch at noon and step into Kind’s Palace:
2:00 pm to 4:00 pm: We will have our lunch with authentic local food and using the tiny roads of old Dhaka, we will reach to Husni Dalan, explore Star Mosque and Armenian Church. Ahsan Manzil also known as Pink Palace would be next in our list. You will visit favinating Sadarghat in the evening and, if time permits, will throw a boat ride and check out life of people dwelling near it.
4:15 pm to 5:15 pm: If it is the time of Ramadan, you will be taken to check out the jam-packed street food market that is set out just before the sunset and vanishes afterwards. If it is not the month of Ramadan, you may visit Banga Bazaar that is also called “the cheapest market” in the world.
5:15 pm to 6:15 pm: We will set back in our vehicle and close our activities of Dhaka city tour. We will be with you till we drop you at your place of residence.
- 01 Pax: 7,600 BDT / $95 USD
- 02 – 03 Pax Group: 5,200 BDT / $65 USD Per Person
- 04 – 10 Pax Group: 4,400 BDT / $55 USD Per Person
- 10+ Pax Group: 4,000 BDT / $50 USD Per Person
Inclusion in Service
- Tour includes transportation from hotel to old Dhaka by Air Conditioned Car.
- An English spoken guide
- All entrance ticket, and Govt. Taxs.
- Transportation cost of Rikshaw and boat (as required)
- Lunch in local restaurant with traditional food.
- Local Snakes and Bottled water
Terms and Special Note
- You can enjoy all the spots mentioned above on Friday, Saturday, Tuesday and Wednesday. We do not recommend Thursday and Sunday as Ahsan Manzil and Lalbug Font are closed on those days consecutively. Monday its open from 2PM, so we might have to wait or route differently.
- Ahsan Manzil and Lalbug Font are closed in Govt. Holidays
- Note that, as for heavy traffic in old Dhaka and narrow roads, you may have to ride rikshaw in some places and also may have to walk a lot (app. 2-4K.M.). Please ware comfortable dress and shoes. You may keep sun glasses, sunscreen lotion and even umbrella.
Check out other Things To Do in Dhaka offered by Deshghuri
Check out our Bangladesh Tour and Activities