Rash Mela at Sundarban
Rash mela is an unique culture in Bangladesh where a number of hindu pilgrim gathers to perform the holly bath and seeks the mercy to Bonbibi, the guardian spirit of the forests. The rash mela has a 100 years of heritage where every year in Full Moon the community lives near Sundarban area gathers in Dublarchar, place used for dry fish processing over the year.
Join us, to explore the heritage and beauty of Sundarban on the occasion of Rash Mela.
Schedule & Cost:
Probable Date November 03-06, 2017
For Non-Bangladeshi: $ 275/=
For Bangladeshi: Tk. 13,300/=
Rash Mela Travel Itinerary:
Day 01: Dhaka – Khulna:
Over night Journy to Khulna by Bus.
Day 02: Khulna – Sundarbans – DublarChar
In the morning following the formalities in the forest station the cruise vessel will start its journey towards Dublar Char. Dinner will be served on Board. Watch the magnificent forest vegetation and can expect huge crocodiles basking sun on the shore. Stay and overnight on vessel.
One of the main reasons that so many people make the trip out to Dublar Char annually is because it is the best location to celebrate Rash Mela (rash festival) and holy bath. The tradition dates back more than 100 years and is incredibly exciting for both local and international visitors.
Day 03: Sundarbans: Kotka
In the morning, you will explore the holy bath with local hindu followers. You will also explore the Dublar Char area. At the noon, we will start for Kotra and on the tide allows you will explore hiron point. We will explore jamtola beach area, watch tower and tiger tila areas.
Day 04: Sundarbans – Khulna: Harbaria & Koromjol
The boat will begin the return journey with the high tide and cruising the whole day to arrive Khunla. On return Journey, we will be visiting harbaria and koromjol wildlife sanctuary. Depending on weather you will enjoy the peaceful cruise through the creeks of the mangrove forest, riverside life of Bangladesh. We will have an overnight journey to Dhaka by bus.
* Dates may change based on lunar calendar
Tour Package Includes:
- The tour will start on Nov 02, by overnight journey to Khulna/Mongla
- Dhaka – Khulka – Dhaka A/C bus ticket
- Accommodation, activities & tour on tourist vessel in Sundarban for 2 nights and 3 days
- All meals (Bengali Cuisine) along with unlimited snacks & coffee
- Well-trained English spoken guide along with armed forest guard for security on vessel.
- Forest permission and all applicable Govt. Taxes
- 100% advance in required 15 days ahead of Tour.
- Price may change for customize tour/food menu/change in transportation.
- Non A/C accommodation on boat. A/C accommodation is possible depending on availability and additional cost.
- Traveler have to carry their own luggage, camera, mobile, keys etc. on their own responsibility.
- Offer valid as long as the cabins are available. Cabins will be distributed on first come first serve basis.
- Deshghuri reserves the right to change the boat, route in jungle and food menu depending on local availability/condition.
- Our vessel will be non A/C tourist vessel with shared toilet, separate bed and 2-4 people sharing a cabin.
- 50% will be charged for cancellation before 8 days of tour date and no refund will be entitled on cancellation before 7 days(168 hours)
Standard Food Menu:
• Parata/ Khichuri, omlet/ egg vuna, mixed vegetable/ Dal, tea/ coffee
Lunch (Any one):
• Plain rice, mixed vegetable, thick dal (lintels), fish fry, salad
• Plain polau, fried vegetable, chicken curry, salad
• Khichuri, potato chop, fried vegetable, mutton/chicken curry
Dinner (Any one):
• Plain rice, thick dal, fish or chicken curry, mixed vegetable, salad
• Bar-B-Q (Parata, Bar-B-Q Chicken, Soft drink)
• Biscuits/cakes/fruits, tea/coffee
Rashmela Festival deep inside Sundarban: